Staff Accountant | $60-70K
Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant will assist the Controller in the daily accounting activity for multi-companies to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting. Tasks will include learning all aspects of the financial accounting department to be versed in all the industry components. Must be a team player and able to communicate, collaborate and coordinate.
- Prepare and maintain reconciliations of all Balance Sheet accounts
- Manage, code, and enter Bank and Credit Card transaction feeds in QuickBooks Online (QBO)
- Maintain intercompany accounting, fixed assets, prepaid accounts, and accruals
- Prepare and review month-end Journal Entries
- Assist with the month-end closing process to ensure accurate and timely reporting of results
- Assist in coding for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and journal entries for cost accounting
- Assist with the review of budget to actual variance analytics and explanations.
- Act as team lead for Accounting Department and mentor as needed.
- Learn and back up for Billing, Payroll, AP, and AR
- Assist with collections when needed.
- Support weekly cash reporting and analysis, including participating in cash forecasting.
- Assist Controller with creation of documented processes and procedures.
- Assist Controller with Budget and Forecasting
- Assist external accounting firms by preparing schedules and work papers for tax calculations.
- Understand and implement software to better automate business processes including accounting software.
- Ad-hoc projects to assist senior leadership.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Controller.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
Knowledge & Experience
- Three to five years in financial accounting
- Must have thorough knowledge of G/L, A/P, A/R, Payroll and Financial Statement Preparation
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, other Microsoft 365 products, Microsoft Dynamics 365, QuickBooks Online
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Ability to multi-task
- Very detail oriented
- Time and task management skills essential
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision (remote supervisor) to meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and role
- Typical 40+ hours per week
- Business Casual Environment
Ready to apply for this position? Simply email your resume to email@example.com.